Buy spinning Babies MAterial here or click the links below.
Below are direct links to the resources we recommend, to help you prepare for birth.
Spinning Babies main website here
Visit the Spinning Babies shop here.
*Full disclosure. TLC Birth and Beyond Receives 30% of sales through the special links provided. All funds received will go towards establishing a birth centre in the Eastern Suburbs/Dandenong Ranges to give mums another option other than hospital or home birth.
Below is a list of preferred providers that we work with.
Babysitting - Ellie Cane- Certificate 3 in early Childhood and Care, Advanced first aid. Phone here
GP - Upwey Doctors - Dr Sharon Lim
Tongue Tie Dentist - Myofocus- Dr Donny Mandrawa
Midwives - Eastside midwives Helen Barrington and Amy Giles.
Physiotherapist/Pilates - Endless Motion- Based at Upwey Health and Wellness
Photographer- KiddyKats- www.kiddykatsphoto.com.au
Michelle showcases her work at TLC Birth and Beyond and is part of our wider community offering, Maternity, New born, Baby and Family Photography. If you are currently a TLC Client let us know when you are in next and we can give you a a great offer available to our clients.
Websites - Pregnancy
Evidence Based Birth- An amazing summary of the hotly debated issues within birth, like waterbrith and vitamin k.
Spinning Babies - A unique, step-by-step approach to Optimal Fetal Positioning. Including information on Breech babies
Home Birth in the Hills - a community who meet monthly to discuss home birth in the hills.
Debra Bets Acupressure free download for birth
- Vaginal birth after caesarean by Helen Churchill and Wendy Savage
- Silent knife by Nancy Wainer Cohen and Lois J Estner
- Thinking Womans Guide to a Better Birth - Henci Goer
- Obstetric Myths v’s Research Realities - Heni Goer
- Caesarean Birth: Your Questions Answered by Debie Chippington-Derrick, Gina Lowdon and Fiona Barlow.
- The VBAC companion by Diana Korte
- Gentle birth gentle mothering by Dr Sarah Buckley
- (Birth preparation, birth stories, interventions, prenatal testing, parenting preparedness)
- Ina May Gaskins A Guide to Childbirth- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Birthing from Within by Pam England and Rob Horowitz (Childbirth preparation)
- The Pink Kit - Understanding your pelvis, exercises, visualizations etc to have as much space as possible for your baby to navigate their birth journey through.
- CANA - vbac choices - Caesarean Awareness Network Australia www.canaustralia.net
- ICAN - caesarean information - International Caesarean Awareness Network - is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery, and promoting Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
- Birthrites - vbac choices - Healing after caesarean www.birthrites.org
- (full of facts and stats, articles, testimonials, recommended reading etc)
- Childbirth Connection’s www.childbirthconnections.org
- “What every pregnant woman needs to know about caesarean section” www.childbirthconnections.org/article.asp?ck=10164
- www.vbac.com - vbac research - Research-based information, resources, continuing education and support for VBAC
- www.spinningbabies.com - optimal foetal positioning - Spinning Babies is a unique, step-by-step approach to Optimal Fetal Positioning. Certain positions of the baby make labor easier than others.
- Statistics and research UK: