Join my HypnoBirthing classes to help you prepare for a calm, drug-free birth.
Tools, Techniques, and Support to help you achieve a positive birth - whatever that looks like for you!
About Me:Hi, I’m Melissa Kate - HypnoBirth instructor, doula & birth bestie.
I believe that all births can be beautiful, that a positive birth experience is less about how it looks on paper and more about how it feels for the people involved. Hearing a woman and her partner say “I can do this”, seeing the sparkle and determination in their eyes and knowing they really mean it is an honour and a privilege.
I know exactly how daunting it can feel facing in to the uncertainty and unknowing-ness of childbirth and parenthood. I have two little ones myself, and before my first birth, I can honestly say I had no idea of the true power of my body and the depth that the experience of giving birth could bring.
My mission is to help women have incredible birth experiences that are free from judgment and fear.
My childbirth education, birth doula, and postnatal support services are all about helping parents feel informed, supported, and feel empowered to trust their instincts and make confident choices.
"Thank you again, the course was so informative and very well presented. We are so glad to have met you!" - Zoe and Kosta
"Loved our classes! Melissa has so much knowledge and is so incredibly generous with all the info and resources she shares. I feel more empowered and less fearful about having my baby girl. She equipped us with breathing and relaxation techniques that are super practical and I know will help me. From editable birth preference letters and relaxation tracks, she gave us all the tools. Highly recommend!" - Tess and Matt
What will we learn?
- Special breathing techniques to use in pregnancy, during labour and birth
- Positions and relaxation techniques to use during labour and birth
- Tools for your birth companion to support you throughout your birth
- How your body works efficiently and effectively through the different stages of labour
- How stress, fear or tension can alter the course of your birth and how to prevent this
- How to avoid induction and unnecessary or unwanted intervention
- Creating your birth preferences and communicating with your Midwife or Obstetrician
- Practical body and mind techniques such as affirmation, visualisation and deepening.
- and so much more!
This course would benefit you if:
- You are pregnant and wanting a natural birth.
- You are pregnant and are booked for a caesarean.
- You have fear about your birthing day.
- You are wanting to have a vaginal birth after a caesarean (VBAC).
- You have had a previous birth that was disappointing or traumatic.
- You are wanting to do an antenatal course that doesn’t focus on pain and drugs.
- You are looking for information on birth, your body and how it will all work on the day.
- You feel your partner needs more involvement and would like some tips on how to properly support you.
- You are wanting to prepare a birth plan or preferences with informed choices.
- You are wanting to connect with your baby and learn about pre and post-birth parenting.
- You are interested in learning some life-changing techniques on reducing fear, stress and pain.
What is included?
- 5 x 2.5 hour classes
- HypnoBirthing Book by Marie Mongan
- Rainbow Relaxation MP3 and other relaxation mp3’s
- Bound Parent Handout Book including relaxation scripts, birth preferences template, affirmations and so much more
- Weekly emails to keep you on track with your practice!
- The most up-to-date evidence-based information on pregnancy and birth. This is incredibly important for you and your baby.
- and so much more!
Self-hypnosis and deep relaxation are very effective birthing techniques. They are acquired skills that need to be learned gradually and practised between sessions. This ensures that you have the time to develop the conditioned responses that make HypnoBirthing The Mongan Method so successful. There is no short cut, and this why our program is taught in five, 2 ½ hour sessions.
- Teaches you deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and pain
- Gives dad / partner or birth companion an integral role in the birthing
- Fewer interventions and surgical births
- Decreased use of oxytocics or AROM
- Shorter first and second-phase labor
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
- Lessened or eliminated need for analgesia
- Happier and content mothers and babies
- Babies alert; able to nurse almost immediately
- Fewer cases of post-partum depression reported
- Infants with higher than average APGAR scores
- Allows you and your partner to approach birth and parenting informed and empowered
Tuesday 13th July | 6.45 pm - 9.15 pm
Tuesday evenings for 5 weeks, concluding 10th August
Tuesday 17th August | 6.45 pm - 9.15 pm
Tuesday evenings for 5 weeks, concluding 14th September
Tuesday 28th September | 6.45 pm - 9.15 pm
Tuesday evenings for 5 weeks, concluding 13th October